Thursday, October 15, 2009

quantum colors matter


Lorraine Ingersoll's book is short and to the point. It is a collection of theories on the interrelated states of energy and matter, where all energy is matter, and vice versa, and the two constantly move back and forth between the two states, as energy is added and subtracted. The vehicle for how this is done is encoded in the spectra of the light energy involved, and its impacts reach from the thoughts in our brains to the creation of the universe.

The book is short, due mainly to the author's reliance on her readers to be intelligent enough to carry their share of the load. Mrs. Ingersoll's style is one of simplicity, almost to a fault. Ingersoll doesn't argue her points, but simply presents them, along with supporting data and quotes from a plethora of sources, and leaves it to her readers to follow along, and make the connections she has made. While this method is efficient, and
her sources reveal the depth to which she has researched her theories, it may lead some readers to differing conclusions on some of the finer points of the theories presented.

That being said, Quantum Colors Matter was great fun for me to read personally. Lorraine Ingersoll is my grandmother, and I am so proud that she has finally put her theories together in one volume for posterity, and for others to read, think on, and analyze. When I learned from my physics professors that all energy falls into the electromagnetic spectrum, which includes visible and invisible light, radio waves and microwaves on the low end, and x-rays and gamma rays on the high end, I remember thinking how I'd heard this as a child having dinner at my grandmother's house. Nana is a genius, I thought.

Lorraine Ingersoll is looking for the "answer to the unification of all things" and her creation story poem, with which she begins her book, is a lovingly crafted step in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...