Friday, October 23, 2009

nela


I went to the New England Library Association conference this past weekend in Hartford, CT. My office had a display and we were down there meeting the folks and letting them know what we do. As an exhibitor myself, I'm not sure the goodies that folks like booksellers put out for their potential clients, mainly librarians, are up for grabs, but I did mosey on up to a few and snagged some prime bookmarks, like this one.

Zeus, according to the text on the reverse, is one of the topics covered in "The Lincoln Library of Greek & Roman Mythology", which this bookmark is advertising. The Lincoln Library sells reference materials to schools and libraries. Bookmarks seem like a natural advertising tool for them.

The NELA conference brings lots of librarians and related professionals together to learn about whats new and see the new products available for library service. We were one of four architects with displays up during the conference. Most of us design types know each other, and so its also a chance for us to catch up and see what the competition is working on.

American Library Association ALA:Midwinter is coming up in January 2010 in Boston this year, so that's close for us. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...