Saturday, October 17, 2009

d bookmark


"Vampire Hunter D", by Japanese writer Hideyuki Kikuchi was published in Japan in 1983, and was translated into English in 2005. The story takes place far in the future and the protagonist is, of course, a vampire hunter. This bookmark is an advertising tool, there's some text on the reverse that appears to be back-cover-teaser material, but also notes that D appears in "new prose novels", so it does seems as though it looks forward to the franchise of sequel novels that have since appeared in English.

I’m not sure where I picked this one up, whether it was a bookstore or a library. Bookmarks are often in the funniest places. I may have picked this one up at a New England Library Association conference. I'm actually headed to the 2009 conference in Hartford on Sunday. Maybe that's why I chose this one from my collection to post.

I've never read any of the D novels. I'm not sure my brain could take another vampire storyline. It makes me wonder how many can be created, and how many different twists can be conjured, before people lose interest. It seems bottomless.

The graphic is cool tho. A slice of the cover art from what I can tell. It reminds me a little of some of the bookmarks I've made, by slicing up some nicely printed card stock item destined for the recycle bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...