Sunday, August 18, 2019

other woman

The Other Woman is a Gabriel Allon novel by Daniel Silva. I actually read this one before,* and I even came to this blog to check, but I guess I hadn't written about it, or maybe I did but I just couldn't find it. Oh well, its on here now.

True to form, Silva has written another story of international espionage of a scale that has the potential to unhinge the world as we know it, and who does the world look to to solve it, but the Israeli intelligence service, because (as Silva would have us believe) they are nimble, technologically advanced, and ruthless enough to get the job done without splashing it all over the front pages of the worlds newspapers. if there are such things any more

The other reason a 'third party' is needed is because there are potential implications for both the American and British secret services, MI6 and the CIA, respectively. And they would both like some distance, if not complete deniability. That's where our man Allon comes in, and not only that, if things go well, Allon is known to be happy to let the credit fall to his American or British counterparts as the case may be.

In this case however, I think those two services would rather drop through a hole in the ground and disappear as what this case quickly turns into is a mole hunt; a mole that may have, and probably has, compromised both the American's and the British, given their close ties. This one has some good twists and turns, and a great backstory that helps tie it into reality and give the story some depth.



* Not long after re-reading this, I went in search for something else to read and found two other books my wife bought, and found that I had read both of those as well, some time in the last year. I guess I'm getting sloppy maintaining this blog, I only wrote about one of them. I haven't written about Hidden Order by Brad Thor. If I remember, I'll add it to the year's reading list


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...