Saturday, August 3, 2019

you suck

Yeah, You Suck!

It doesn't really have an exclamation point but it seems like a good opening for this follow-up to Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends. I didn't plan on read this second book of the trilogy so quickly but my wife and oldest were shopping at consignment shop and found a hardcover copy of this for cheap.

This doesn't feel like the second book in a trilogy, which in my experience can sometimes move the overall storyline forward, whilst both answering some questions from the first volume and adding more questions to the storyline in turn. Second or middle books can sometimes feel link a link between two larger stories that make up the beginning at the end. Who knows, if I get to the end I may change my mind, but this book does read like it wasn't orignally intended to be the second of three. It reads like more of an afterthought.

It was fun, but basically more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...