Monday, August 12, 2019

past tense

Past Tense is a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child. I'm pretty sure this is the 754th Reacher novel; I may be off by one or two, I didn't read them all. Thankfully, this one doesn't appear to be one where Child stepped back into Reacher's past to fill in the blanks in the timeline. I've had a little experience with that type of Reacher story, and I wasn't all that excited about it.

Reacher does take a trip down memory lane in this one however, being in the neighborhood where is dad grew up, he decides to take a look around and see if can uncover more of his father's roots. This turns out to be a little trickier than Reacher had hope, not least because his father joined the marines at 17, and didn't do a lot of talking about his hometown when Reacher and his brother were growing up.

As one would expect, there is also some crap going down locally that may call for some ass kicking, and its a good thing our man is in town to pass it out. There seems to be no end to local good ol' boys that just don't understand the physics of a guy that stands six four and weighs as much as a buffalo. You know what I mean... think Tom Cruise, that'll give you a good idea what I'm talking about.

Ass kicking, sarcasm, protection of innocents, three large meals a day, and pants pressed under a mattress. This one has it all, and I'm sure will be a hot with the fans.


Note: This is the last of the books I read while on vacation a few weeks ago, now I just need to catch up on the other books I've read since I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...