Thursday, December 27, 2018

the escape

The Escape is the third in the John Puller series by David Baldacci. I haven't read the first two, but this one was pretty good. My wife is a fan of Baldacci and she has picked up a number of his books, and I usually find them around when I'm looking for something to read. She found me reading this one and after checking out the text on the back cover to jog her memory, she said that this was a good one.

John Puller seems like a good character, by the time we get to the third in his series anyway. There are a fair number of throw away characters in this book that I get the impression aren't carried over from previous installments, and may never show up again. That's not a bad, thing just an observation.

The story has a mystery to it, or at least an problem that needs to be unraveled so that we can get a look at who the bad guys are, and as one would expect in a story like this, there are few twists and turns along the way which kept the story riding pretty high on plot twists, but some of them I could see coming.

All in all, a good effort. If you're a Baldacci fan, I think you'll like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...