Sunday, February 6, 2011

family search marker

This fine leathery bookmarker is put out by the good folks at Family Search, a free genealogy search engine and website posted by the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've never used them before, so I gave them a try and stuck in some old family names, and I didn't get a hit, but the system seems to work pretty good, and the results came back fast.

This bookmark has a great old-timey feel. I think its made of what is called recycled leather. It sits a little high in the book, so I'm not sure its a good idea to use a marker like this close to the binding, or for extended periods of time. There are plenty of thicker bookmarks, from metal, to wood, thicker textiles, even ivory, but again, keeping something thick in a book probably will deform the pages after a while, or could put stress on the binding.

Check out my history of bookmarks. Its one of my first blog entries, from late 2009. Thanks to Natalie for picking this up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...