Friday, January 22, 2010

the sorceress

The Sorceress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, by Michael Scott is the third book in the series of the eventual six volumes planned, and the last volume that's been published so far. So we've got a bit of a wait to find out how it will all end for our heroes, but they're getting on reasonably at the halfway point. As good as can be expected I suppose. For more on whats next check Random House.

Scott has again introduced some new characters from mythology and history, and has also ended this volume with a particularly interesting twist, that neither I nor my son saw coming. So bravo to Mr. Scott for that. The story has moved along well and some interesting things have happened to the characters, and we learn a lot more about them in this volume. The fun twist at the end isn't the only one either, my son and I were pleasantly surprised a number of times as things developed in the narrative.

We're both looking forward to the next volume, and its not that far away. Its the fifth and sixth volumes we'll have to wait for. Well, we waited for Harry Potter, so I guess we can wait for Nicholas Flamel. In the meantime, my son and I are onto the Septimus Heap saga. There are five volumes in that series at this point, but I don't know if it ends there or not. I guess we'll find out. The first volume is subtitled Magyk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...