Scot Harvath is a lot like some other characters that series are built around in similar spy thriller books. Some similarities or characteristics that I don't think will surprise anyone may include something like: ex-military, special forces, apex predator with a heart of gold and plenty of righteous patriotism, who has had some personal loss or trauma that keeps them centered, and has later made his or her way through the CIA, the FBI, or the Secret Service, or maybe all three before being recruited to some super-secret, off book or even private espionage entity, that may or may not have direct oversight from the president, a prime minister, the director of the CIA, or some similar big wig who needs to get things done with credible deniability, for the good of the citizens and a free world. There are a bunch of them, and they are typically all fun to read. Brad Thor and Scot Harvath are not my favorite team, but they aren't the worst and I typically enjoy a read through one of their adventures. I just don't ever feel the need to run out and buy the next one (or even read the teaser chapter at the end of most paperbacks like this).
Looks like I've read book 11, 14, and 19. And I may have read book 1, The Lions of Lucerne * just recently, but didn't write here about it. Its possible I read some of the others as well, it looks like there are 25 books in the series so far.
* Yeah, I definitely read Lions a little while ago, but didn't write about it on the blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Say it, I want to hear it...