Monday, December 27, 2021

near dark

If you're looking for the guy that's read all 42 Scott Harvath books in order, and is blogging about the latest installment, you've got the wrong place; that's three doors down, on the right. 

I did, however, go look this up and its apparently number 19 in the Harvath series, and Scot is spelled with one T. I've also read at least one of the other 18 books in this series,* and according to my review I thought that one was pretty good too. Brad Thor is doing a pretty good job here.

Harvath is your standard super secret agent man, who doesn't work for the CIA, or the NSA, or NPR, or STP, or anyone else who's going gonna' try and hold a good man down. Harvath works for a private company that Uncle Sam calls upon when they need to get crap done, and maybe eliminate some baddies with extreme prejudice and still have some plausible deniability. Licensed-to-kill paired with license for some politician to say 'who me?'

In this venture, its a little more personal, and Harvath's taking out the trash trip isn't exactly sanctioned. I'm not even sure anyone even knows about it, but I guess they hold him in pretty high regard because if he determines that you need some killin', thar's gonna' be some killin'! So for those of you who wish we had someone who could just get rid of these bad guys around the world, this fella seems like he's going to push all the right buttons for you. We don't read these things without being ready to suspend our disbelief. Thankfully, Thor doesn't take advantage of that tolerance, as some others in this genre often do. This one tide me over until Christmas came along and filled my figurative stocking with literal books. see what I did there

Happy New Year!


* Its apparently 19 others, for a total of 20 as of this writing Black Ice is currently for sale. Number 21, Rising Tiger is due next Summer.**

** For you nerds out there, Thor has also released some bonus material for a few of these. At least three novellas, or additional chapters, that fill in some of the time between, or expand upon, some of the novels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...