Friday, November 10, 2023

portrait of an unknown woman

My wife bought a bunch of Daniel Silva’s books, used, a while ago. I think she just wanted to catch up on the Gabriel Allon stories that she missed buying them whenever she saw them. Portrait of an Unknown Woman is not one of those books though; she bought this one new as it is a recent installment, with a title similar to one of the other books. The woman in this title is the subject of a painting, a painting that takes Allon and his associates on a chase around Europe and to the US to try and find out what they can about this painting and why people are dying because of it.

Silva has done nice job telling a different type of tale to keep things interesting for fans of the series. If you’re one of those fans, I think you’ll enjoy this one. If you aren’t, this is probably not the book I would start with.

 

Note: I'm behind on posting, this post is from a draft I wrote at the end of August, when I finished this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...