Sunday, September 26, 2021

knife

Harry Hole is a recurring character in a series of books written by Jo Nesbø, a Norwegian writer, and there have been a bunch of them. Knife was published in 2019, and translated into English by Neil Smith the same year, which is what I read. I'm pretty sure I've read at least one other Jo Nesbø book, and I'm also pretty sure it was a Harry Hole story, but I guess I didn't write about it here on the blog. Maybe it was during that blackout period in the latter part of 2019 and a large portion of 2020. looking at the Harry Hole list, it may have been The Devil's Star, I'm not sure

Knife is a murder mystery, and Harry Hole isn't approaching this the way he normally would, I assume, as a detective with the Oslo Police Department, as he doesn't have the resources of the department to back him up on this one.

The story arc is varied and kept me guessing as the story progressed, always with a nagging concern in the background about this one would end up. Nesbø has done a fine job of knitting together a fine story in the tradition of Hercule Poirot and other old timey mysteries where there are many possibilities, and one is not sure until the very end who may have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...