Sunday, June 30, 2019

bloodsucking fiends

Christopher Moore you crazy bastard!

My wife got me this book when we were away for the weekend a few weeks ago. I haven't read a Christopher Moore book in a little while, so I was looking forward to it. I read it right after another book with the sub-title A Love Story, but this one is completely different.

My oldest saw me reading this and said, I think Moore wrote another one about vampires. I took a look on Amazon and found two books that had Bloodsucking Fiends in parenthesis after the titles: You Suck, and Bite Me.

Thinking that there may be more I went to my favorite series tracking site FictFact, only to find that they have been shut down! By Amazon! For what they describe as an inadvertent "infraction of their terms." yeah, clickedy-click on the link and read the sad news for yourself. looks like I'll be providing links to a competitor's book site for all of the links on this post!*

Based on what I've found, it seems as though the Bloodsucking series is just these three books, all sub-titled A Love Story, by the way. adorable Lucky for me, it seems like Bloodsucking Fiends is the first in the series, so I can enjoy them in order, given the chance. According to Chris Moore's page, You Suck is next, and then Bite Me.**

Christopher Moore is a master at retelling a story in a whole new (read crazy) way. This is his take on the Dracula story but he's not trying to retell Bram Stoker's story, this is a modern story with a completely different story arc, and chock full of zany characters, sarcasm, comedy, and crazy situations. Moore is a treat to read, and a balm for hardworking soul who needs a little break from the norm.

Read this book. Read the whole sucking series!


* In an attempt to do this, I went to Barnes + Noble, and rather than them being happy to see me, they auto linked me to a splash page offering me a discount. Not a pop up, but a whole new page, in the middle of my typing in the search bar. I exited out of that, resumed typing and what did a get, another window, a pop up this time floating right over what I was doing. Nope! All done, never again. Barnes + Noble's website is now dead to me.

** You could always ask Moore the reading order if you see him... Might go something like this...
You: Hey Chris, what's next after Bloodsucking Fiends, bro? 
Moore: You Suck, Bite Me.
You: Aw.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...