Saturday, April 27, 2019

patriots logo update

My son suggested that I add the name of team to my new logo design for the New England Patriots. The Pats rolled out a new team name design, or wordmark logo, in 2013 that is basically old timey football jersey lettering arranged as though its written around the inside of a cylinder (or a stadium?) Maybe its supposed to represent team members standing in a huddle? Who knows, but its a little goofy, and Flying Elvis is pasted on the bottom like an afterthought. Is this the first part of a new logo phase in? Man I hope not, if its going to be more like this.



The pre- and post-2013 Patriots wordmark


We need something new, bold, clear, and bright. That both respects the heritage of the team's 60 year history, and looks forward to the next generations. I do think the newer wordmark is clearer than the old one, but there has to be a better way of tying it to the logo without just jamming it in there, and old time font isn't helping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...