Sunday, April 21, 2019

time's convert

Deborah Harkness has written a follow up to the All Souls Trilogy; this one is called Time's Convert, and it takes place in the same universe as the original trilogy. Is this the fourth book in the trilogy, the first book in a second trilogy, or is it just another tale from this universe Harkness has created? Who knows. I assume Deborah Harkness knows

I'm pretty sure I said I'd keep an eye out for Harkness' next book, but I'm also pretty sure I figured she'd be on to something else. I'm not saying that this was bad, I was just looking forward to seeing what else she could do.

Time's Convert follows on pretty quickly after the Souls trilogy, but the focus moves off of the couple who were the focus of the trilogy, and onto the next generation.

[PAUSE]

So I went back and read the review I wrote for the last book in the trilogy, and I did give it a good review, and I actually said that I'd 'keep me eyes peeled' for her next book. I also mentioned that she'd left things open for a follow up, so... I guess I'm a genius. that's all I'm saying

This IS a pretty good follow up, I just wish it was something else. I think Harkness has the talent to do something else, presumably in the historically influenced fiction/fantasy genre, but who knows? If you enjoyed the All Souls trilogy and you're looking for more, I think you'll like this one. The overall goal of the plot isn't as grand--in the end its just busy work and waiting--but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...