Tuesday, April 25, 2017

burning page

The Burning Page is installment three in the Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman. So this is it, its a waiting game from here on out. Books 4 and 5 are in the works.

The Burning Page brings back Irene's nemesis. He's the bad hombre that all stories like this need; one part selfish, one part smarter-than-you, one part disenfranchised, and two parts evil. You know the guy.

This time, our baddie has it in for not just Irene but the Library itself. And its up to Irene to stop him. We're led to believe that the higher ups in the library are actively working to prevent Baddie McBadguy from taking over the whole multiverse, and presumably they're pretty kickass themselves--having trained our Irene to kick some ass her own bad self--but what exactly they're up to, and how effective it might have been before Irene opens up the proverbial can o' whoop-ass, we're never really sure.

So I guess the secret is: don't look to hard. Pay no attention the man behind the curtain, and you'll have a grand time.

Cogman is not writing the great American novel here. This is YA-SF-BG* we're talking about here, so lets have some fun. 

spoiler ahead, y'all So, overall thoughts: book three and no movement, or not much movement, on romantic entanglements, exciting, and a little trippy, fun to read. I guess it is also telling to note that I have no idea when the next volumes come out, and I'm sure I could try and look that up, but really, I'm not sure I care that much. I'm sure I'll pick them up when they do come out, but I'm not Burning for it, as it were.

Peace!



* YA = Young Adult, SF = Spectulative/Science Fiction, BG = Bubble gum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...