Friday, September 9, 2016

gone girl

I assume that everyone knows that this book was made into a movie, with Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, as the husband and the Gone Girl in question, respectively. I didn't see this movie.

I'm pretty sure I picked this book up at my library's ongoing book sale, and its been sitting on my shelf for over a year, waiting form me to remember it was there. Well, I just did, and ended up reading this in about a week. that's quick for me y'all I then recommended it to my beautiful wife, and she cranked it out in about 2 days. The reason I recommended it is easy: its a mystery/intrigue/crime novel, written unlike anything else I've read.

There's not much I can say without revealing too much--altho I'm willing to bet that if you're interested, there are others that don't mind giving all but the ending away in their review--but I will say that I was hooked from the second chapter. The Dunnes have a seemly wonderful relationship, from the exterior. Not too uncommon in life, or in fiction. But what is interesting is how Gillian Flynn tells the story of their relationship as a kind of evidence gathering, prompted by the recent disappearance of Mrs. Dunne.

Flynn's style is sharp and modern. The story is well thought out and intricately plotted, and her characters are real in the way we can feel the emotion that pours out of them. As I said, I flew through this book, finding ways to read here and there, and putting other things off, until I finished. big difference from one the last ones

Read this book, and then recommend it to someone else who likes a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...