Sunday, November 22, 2009

sci fi covers

io9 has a great article for science fiction lovers: A History of 16 Science Fiction Classics, Told In Book Covers. The article covers 16 of the best know science fiction works from Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury, to Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick, which was made into the movie Blade Runner. The covers are great, and you can almost tell when they were printed given the style, the fonts, and the images used. There are quite a few foreign translation covers as well.

This cover: Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, click on it to blow it up. Really.

Just looking through these reminds me of all the sci fi I read when I was younger, and all the stuff I meant to read and never got to. So whats on my reading list now thanks to this article? Well, the three I mentioned above, plus: Neuromancer by William Gibson and A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. I read five of the others, so that leaves six that I don't know about. Maybe I'll check out the covers and see if any of them sparks my interest.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...