Tuesday, December 20, 2022

rembrandt affair

This Gabriel Allon installment is copyrighted in 2010, so its a step backwards in the overall story arc of the Allon series for me, but I've never tried to read these in order; I've always just read what ended up in my hands at the time. Like this one.

The Rembrandt Affair is number 10 in the series, according to Book Series in Order, so that puts it in about the middle of the story arc as it it exists thus far. Daniel Silva has it down, and I guess you could say the structure of each book in the series is a little reminiscent of the others, but I think that's probably what dedicated readers of series are probably looking for. If the formulas formulae? didn't work, I guess no one would use it.

Allon decides to look into a long lost Rembrandt for a friend, a project he does on his own time, outside his relationship to the organization he works for. That is until he puts his foot into a problem that quickly becomes an international issue. 

Trouble ensues.

This was a good one in the series. While based on the same formula as many of the others, its was fun to see a variation. Dedicated readers of the Allon series will enjoy this one. 

I finished this one a week or so ago, so I'll try and post the most recent book I just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it, I want to hear it...